Dr. Luis G. Obando, DDS is a Specialist in Oral Implantology and Cosmetic Dentistry. One of the top dentists in Costa Rica. Here, you will find a complete résumé with information about education and career highlights.
Languages: Spanish, English, (Fluent in both languages)
Dental Field Education:
New York Univeristy, Fellowship of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry at the New York University. 2009-2010
Advanced Aesthetic Program at Rosenthal Institute at New York University.
“Universidad de Chile” (University of Chile, Santiago Chile): Obtained professional title: Specialist in Oral Implantology., 2002-2004
Esthetic Implant Dentistry. Nobel Biocare Training Institute. Yorba Linda, California, USA
Comprehensive Training Program at Zimmer Dental Institute. Los Angeles, California, USA
“Universidad Latina de Costa Rica” (University Latina of Costa Rica): Doctor in Dental Surgery (DDS ) 1996-2000. Award: Second highest overall average, Clinic of the University of Costa Rica
Dental Work Experience:
Private practice, Dr. Luis G. Obando is the Medical Director of“ Nova Dental Advanced Dental Center”
Affiliate Associate Fellow & Member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry,
Member of the American Academy of Osseointegration
Member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologist (ICOI) and the section dedicated to Implant Prosthodontics.
Recognized as a Specialist in Oral Implantology by Costa Rican Board of Dentistry.
Dental Clinical Assistant to Dr. Alfredo von Marttens of the “Implantology Clinic,” implant exclusivity (Vice President of the Society of Implantology, professor of post-graduate work at the University of Chile, Santiago Chile), 2002-2004.
Congress & Lectures:
- Osteogenics 2018 Global Bone Grafting Symposium. April 20 & 21 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- 360° Implantolgy Bahamas. February 8-11 2018 at Nassau Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Modern Aspects of Implant Dentistry: Computer Guided Surgery. MIS Implants at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel. May 2017
- Advanced Techniques for Implant Rehabilitation of Full Arch Cases. Hands-On Module. Intra Lock International Center. Boca Raton, Florida. April 7th & 8th, 2016
- 30 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Osseointegration “Science, Collaboration and Clinical Excellence for 30 years”. San Francisco, California , USA. March 12-14 2015
- All on Four Techniques. Implants in the Esthetic Zone in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, November 10 – 14, 2014
- 2014 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Osseointegration in Seattle, Washigton, USA, March 6 – 8, 2014
- Advanced Surgical Cadaver Course in Seattle, Washigton, USA March 6 – 8, 2014
- 61st Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, in Zimmer Institute, Celebration, FL, USA, September 19-20, 2013
- 59th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, October 20 – 23, 2010
- Maxicourse, New York University. New York, NY. September 2008-July 2009
- 23 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Osseointegration “Implant Dentisitry: A trip up the implant”. Boston, Massachusetts, USA. February 28-March 1 del 2008
- Comprehensive training program at Zimmer Dental Institute. Los Angeles, California, USA
- Nobel Biocare World Conference. Las Vegas, USA 2007.
- 9th Annual Implant Prosthodontic Symposium, International Congress of Oral Implantologist. Montreal, Canada. August 18-20, 2006.
- Nobel Biocare World Conference 2005: BeatifulTeeth…..Now‘ for everyone. Las Vegas,Nevada, USA, June 5-10, 2005.
- “2nd Annual Prosthodontic Symposium, “Fixed Prosthodontics for Predictability”: “Loma Linda University,” School of Dentistry. Instruction given by Dr. Jaime Lozada, Dr. Joseph Y. Kan, Dr. Wayne Campagni, Dr. Charles Goodacre,Dr. Kattadiyil, Dr.Fernando Munguia, and Dr. Jose Torres. (May 2004).
- “Esthetic Osseointegration”: “Universidad Andres Bello” (Andres Bello University)Santiago, ChileInstruction given by Dr. Patrick Palacci (April2004)
- “International Conference, Nobel Biocare”: Santiago, Chile Instruction given by Dr. Sacha Jovanovic, Dr. Peter Whorle, and Dr. Dario Adolfi (May 2003)
- “Head and Neck Images”: Medical Science Faculty at the “University of Chile”, Chilean Society of Head Surgery and Neck and Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery
- “Success Strategies for Periodontics, Osseointegration, ATM and Oral Rehabilitation”: Instruction given by Dr. Daniel van Steengerghe and Dr. Terry Tanaka and organized by the Faculty of Dentistry of the Universidad de los Andes “Andes University” and the International Academy of Dentistry. (November 2002).
- “Bone Regeneration, Distraction Osteogenesis and Implantology in the Maxillofacial Territory”: Instruction given by Dr. Bertrand Jacques from the Dentistry Faculty at the “Andes University,” Santiago, Chile. (October 2002)
- “Risk Factors in Periodontal Therapy and Implants”: Instruction given by Dr. Mariano Sanz Alonso, organized by the graduate school of dentistry at the “University of Chile” (July 2002)
- “Advanced Implant Therapies”: Instruction given by Dr. Sacha Javanovic and organized by “Nobel Biocare” in Santiago, Chile. (July 2002)
- “XVI Scientific Dentistry Congress”: Costa Rican Congress Association of Dentistry (A.C.C.O.) (May 2001)
- “Pre-congress A.C.C.O., Implants in the prosthetic area” (theoretical and workshop) (May 2001)Congress: “Costa Rican Congress Association of Dentistry” (A.C.C.O.)
- “XV Scientific Congress of Dentistry”. (May 2000)
- Pre-congress of A.C.C.O.: “Maxillofacial Surgery and the placement of mini-plates, due to fractured maxillaries”. (Theoretical and workshop) (May 2000).
- 60th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA October 19 – 23, 2011.
- 61st Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, in Washington, DC,USA, October 3 –6, 2012.
Theoretical & Workshop Courses
- “Esthetic Implant Dentistry – Featuring Live Surgery”: “Nobel Biocare Training
Institute”, Loma Linda , California. Instruction given by Dr. Peter Whorle (May 2004)
- “Oral Implantology” instruction given by Dr. Arung Garg (June 2000)
Dental Implants Seminars
- Advanced Implant Surgery
- Periodontal Seminar: Surgery and Implants
Dental Work in Hospital
- Hospital Mexico (Mexico Hospital), Department of Maxilofacial Surgery