Dental implants are the much-sought-after treatment for missing teeth due to their durability and permanence. The implants are small titanium poles that are inserted into the jaw where teeth have to be replaced. Artificial teeth are anchored once the implants fuse with the jaw bone. Dental implants are a permanent solution to your missing tooth or teeth.
Seven Reasons You Must See a Cosmetic Dentist
Here are a few situations that highlight the need to consult a dentist for dental procedures:
1. Missing tooth: You have a missing tooth and you do not know what to do about it. A dentist can suggest you ways to fill the gap.
2. Artificial looking teeth/dentures: You want to have natural looking teeth rather than uncomfortable and awkward dentures. Dental implants are your answer in this case.
3. Unsure about dental implants: Your dentist can advise you regarding your eligibility. People with uncontrolled diabetes, cancer, heart ailments, thyroid malfunction and smoking habit are usually not allowed to go in for dental implants. Patients with high degree of jaw bone wear and tear are advised to get bone grafting done prior to dental implant treatment.
4. Preserve facial contours: Dentures cause your face contours to change leading to aged appearance. Dentists can suggest many alternatives besides dental implants to preserve contours.
5. Improve mouth hygiene and bite: With an improper dentition, bite as well as hygiene can be severely affected. Dentists can fix this problem with bridges, crowns, fillings, etc. and get you a better bite and improve hygiene.
6. Get a great smile: Let’s face it. Not everyone is born with a beautiful smile. However, with modern innovations, everyone can get close to having one. Visit a dentist for improving your smile and see the world of veneers, bridges, gum grafting, gum bleaching, Invisalign and more.
7. Inquire about insurance: Insurance can take care of most of the bill; however, not all cosmetic treatments are covered. You may want to acknowledge the eligibility of certain procedures and ensure that you save on your out-of-pocket amount.
Orginal Source: Enzine Articles